Haiku

I really like the depth of meaning that can be found in Haiku poetry. I love the challenge that comes with attempting to convey a picture with only 17 syllables. It's not easy!!!

Here is one I wrote today...hope you like it.

glimpses of the woman
flashing in her child laughter
my heart splits in two

I just dabble in it...I'm not even a novice at it. I just like to try it. It helps to bring in a sense of calmness in an otherwise crazy day. If you'd like to know more about Haiku try clicking here. Hopefully that link will work! :)

Try it out if you get the chance...like I said, it's not easy, but when you get one out it can be very beneficial in relieving stress. If you do try one...leave it in my comments. I'd love to see what you've got.

Comments

Bttrfly1976 said…
I love poetry, even love to write it. But I concur, the Haiku is a really tough one. I think I am too long winded.
Paulette said…
Hello Shayne,
I like your site, I have visited a couple times. I write poetry alot. I love writing poetry from everything, even down to a song I hear and the meaning it gives me. Poetry is a beautiful expression..
I saw Tennessee on your profile. My Daughter is moving there in September..
Have a great day.
Theresa said…
That is beautifully written! You definately have the knack for Haiku.
Bttrfly1976 said…
Hey Shayne,
I have missed seeing you around blog world. I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts. I hope that all is well in your world.
Tracey, in MI said…
honestly- I just wanted to stop by and say thnx for your blog TITLE.

Every time I see it in the CWO blog roll....the song goes through my mind.


Once I got here- I was glad I stopped by- ;) thnx again!
Sarah said…
I came over from Everyday Mommy. Thanks for liking my comment! I saw in your profile that you like Misty Edwards. I am at IHOP in KC. Have you been here before?

Popular Posts