Choosing Ivan

One of the hardest things I've ever had to learn as a Christian is something I'm walking through right now. And...as with almost every issue I have it involves trust.

I had to make a choice. Actually, I had to make two choices. The first choice was to act. My second choice was Ivan.

Ivan Odembo, the newest member of my family. My Compassion child.

Just saying his name somehow fills me with love. I can't explain how I can love someone I've never met, and may quite possibly never meet. I just do.

The crazy thing about choosing Ivan was the fact that I had to choose. Which means, several hundred (possibly thousand) precious children didn't get picked.

Enter the trust issue.

As I clicked on Ivan's picture, forever making him a part of my life, I had to trust that God is sovereign and He knows the needs of all those I was not able choose. I had to trust that He will act on their behalf, and send someone to sponsor them. It's not easy to look past all those faces and pick only one. And those eyes. Heavenly Father, those eyes.

I have to trust that He is in control of their lives. Not me. And here's the difficult part...that it's ok not to be in control. To rest and relax in what tiny part He has given me to do and leave the rest to Him.

That's what I'm learning. And as I write this post I'm trusting that He will move you, dear reader, to act. To choose.

To hear more from others who have chosen to act, go here.

Comments

Carolyn F said…
That was the hardest part for me as well... choosing.

Popular Posts