Hate the Phone...Love the Man

I knew from the first moment that our relationship would not be right for me. From the get go I knew there would be pain, massive amounts of frustration, and possibly some sort of physical injury. I knew this because God, in His infinite wisdom, has seen fit to bestow upon me a weird sense of clarity and foresight that usually only comes to me as I am about to screw up big time.

Unfortunately, as I heard this phrase coming out of my mouth..."I'll take it"... I realized that I have yet to learn to heed this miraculous warning system given to me by the Maker of the Universe.

*sigh*

A powerful sense of loathing came over me as my new phone and I stared each other down. I stood there with it in my hand, the tiny little led screen flashing back at me while the saleslady hastily completed the transaction, her eyes nervously darting back and forth between me and my new "little friend." I think she was afraid I would turn into Naomi Campbell.

Yep...loathing. It's a strong emotion. It comes upon you when you realize the buttons on your new phone are so small that the 7 digits you just tried to dial actually translated into a call to Tanzania.

(Can you say "roaming charges" dear internets???)

It also comes upon you as you spend 30 minutes of precious "me" time erasing the 61 photos your husband took of the inside of his pants pocket. Because the buttons on the phone are too small to be able to enable the security lock. (Ha ha...did you catch that? I just typed "to be able to enable"...ha ha ha...apparently the phone is sucking my miniscule writing talent out of my head...ha ha ha...)

And yes, I get 30 minutes of "me" time every now and again ok? 'Cause I just got it like that a'ight? Which is the reason for point #2 of this post.

I love my man ya'll. The boy is handsome. I'm just sayin'.

And if we ever manage to get the phone out of his pocket before using the camera feature, I might post a pic.

Comments

Shalee said…
ha! Yeah. He's picture worthy. :)

Popular Posts