The One Place I Really Want To Go



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.


I found this at(where else?) EveryDay Mommy and thought it was really cute. It was fun to go back over my life and remember all the places I lived as a kid. I also lived in Germany twice, and visited Holland and Mexico. (Not at the same time.) In case you haven't figured it out by now...I was an Army Brat.

Not only did this map get me to thinking about where I've been, it also made me think about where I want to go. And right now, the place I want to visit the most can't be found on a map.

10"My beloved responded and said to me,
'(X)Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
And come along.
11'For behold, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
12'The flowers have already appeared in the land;
The time has arrived for pruning the vines,
And the voice of the (Y)turtledove has been heard in our land.
13'The (Z)fig tree has ripened its figs,
And the (AA)vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance.
Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
And come along!'"
14"O (AB)my dove, (AC)in the clefts of the rock,
In the secret place of the steep pathway,
Let me see your form,
(AD)Let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet,
And your form is (AE)lovely."


That's where I want to go. The Secret Place. I'm weary of the trouble going on in this world. I'm weary of hearing the stories of JonBenet Ramsey's alleged killer. You know the Bible does say that there are some sins that aren't even to be uttered. We do not need to know every sordid detail in other people's lives.

Yup. I'm tired. I need refreshment and restoration. To borrow some verse from the Dixie Chicks:

Father take me away
Fly this girl as high as You can into the wild blue
Set me free Lord I pray
Closer to Heaven above and closer to You
Closer to You

Yup. I think it's time to soak up some of the Son. Grab a little R&R if you will. See ya'll later.

Comments

Shalee said…
Well from one Navy brat to one Army brat, I can completely agree with your idea of going to the one place not on the map.

And as to all the trash on the news, all I can say is that that is the reason I gave up tv. I really don't want to hear most of what is said anyway. It's not denial; it's preservation of my mind and my soul.

Have a blessed weekend and rely on the Lord to renew you again.
Jeana said…
Why am I suddenly pcturing God wearing a Stetson, wranglers and boots?
Anonymous said…
The secret place...take us to the secret place Lord where their's only you and I. In that place at that moment time stops as we know it, their is just one thing taking place. A locked gaze that allows us to get lost in the depths of your eyes. Time stops, pain,tears, chaos, and fears depart.
When I dwell on the secret place I go to the garden. The garden where healing waters flow, a place prior to brokeness and the fall of man.

The secret place, David knew this place well. Ps 27:4,5 (message) I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.

5 That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.
Ps 26:8 God, I love living with you;
your house glows with your glory.
Let's just dwell on that for awile, and it brings me back to the garden...Adam so shown with the Glory of God he was unaware of his nakeness. It wasn't until he sinned and stepped out from under God's covering that he felt he needed to hide himself. OH I feel a preaching coming on...so peace out...Love ya Sunshine
RC
Kari said…
Hi Shayne!

You've been spotlighted at the Christian Women Online blog!

http://www.christianwomenonline.net/blog.html

In Christ alone,
Kari
I love this blog. I love the concept of R&R.

Blessings,

Suzanne Eller
http://momiwant2be.blogspot.com
truevyne said…
Cowboy, Father. Uh huh.

Popular Posts