The Sisterhood Part II

When I first wrote this post I was hoping to be able to give it the expected Cinderella ending. But something this complex couldn't really have an ending could it?

Funny how after all these years I am still so very naive. I should have known that the first encounter was only a doorway. An invitation if you will, to a total paradigm shift in my walk with God. Looking back I wonder if would have had the courage to go through the door if I'd known what I know now.

I know now that some words are way too small to convey their immense meanings. Words like "hope" and "love."

I know some heroes aren't 6ft 5 with rippling muscles and dark, wavy, perfect hair. Some are 5 foot nothing with wrinkles, bad knees and age spots. Yet they are able to leap over huge mountains with a single prayer. (Miz B...I wanna be like you when I grow up)

I know that sometimes love is not enough.

I know that God's greatest beauty is not seen in the sun rising over my beloved Smoky Mountains, or setting over the painted deserts of Arizona. It's most clearly seen in a life being transformed by His grace.

I've never had the chance again to speak to the woman in my first post. But God did answer my prayer. He gave me a second chance, and a third, and a fourth...just not with her. I now work every other weekend with women like her. Like me. My sisters.

And the story goes on.

Comments

Popular Posts