Trolling

Well, there's nothing like trolling through your past postings to make you cringe and want to cower in shame. I think I saw no fewer than 4 postings that start out with, "Sorry it has been so long since I posted" or some variation to that effect. Guess I need to make a little more time for good ol' Blogger.

Truthfully, as with many things in my life, I usually wait to write until inspirations strikes. See first paragraph for an idea of how often that happens at my house. Unfortunately, waiting for inspiration or until we "feel" like doing something, isn't always the grandest plan. Especially when it comes to worship.

It's easy for me to say, "Thank You God, You're awesome!" when things are going swimmingly. But what do we do when things are horrible? What do we do when everything around us is falling apart?

We grit our teeth and stand on faith. Faith that God is good, that He truly is worthy of all our praise and adoration. Faith that He loves us, and will never, ever, forsake us. It's during those times that miracles happen.

My friend was diagnosed with inoperable cancer two weeks ago. Without any type of warning, without any type of greeting at all this insidious disease has spread into her lungs and liver. "Nothing we can do," say the doctors. Boom, out of the blue, she's staring at eternity. Some precious ladies at church gathered with me and dared to believe that God is who He says He is, and instead of letting this horrible news get us down, we began to stand on faith and worship Him.

My friend went to Nashville for chemo in hopes of slowing down the progress of the cancer. She got the report back that not only has it slowed down...it's shrinking. Suddenly the doctors are scratching their heads and saying, "Hmmm, guess we caught it in time." Really. Is that really what happened?

I think not. I know that Father God who loves us with a love that is at once tender and terrible, has answered our prayers and honored our faith.

You go God.

Comments

Shalee said…
Just this week, I had a sad epiphany. I, who believe that God is good and has faith that He can do all things, have been living a lie. I often limit God to change the verse to say, "He can do all things (that I think are possible)." What a sad realization. So I am consciously asking God to change that limitation in my mind and I've started asking big. And I mean BIG. No longer do I want to ask for what I think is doable. I want to ask for the impossible so that God can be glorified in ALL things.

Great post, Shayne. Faith of a mustard seed... And I'm with you. YOU GO GOD!
Theresa said…
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! PRAISE GOD! I love to hear stories like that!
That is just the sort of story I needed to read today. I am so glad for your friend and for you to see God at work!! thanks for the post. Jennifer
Amydeanne said…
My step dad is dealing with something of the sort. Thank-you for posting it! I am passing it on to my mom in hopes it gives them some encouragement.
Our God is a big God! Amen.
Diane Viere said…
Yay God! And you go girl! Amen sista!

Great post!
Nancy said…
Your words speak to the heart of all of us 'God-seekers'. What DO we do when things are falling apart? "Hang on!", is my first thought. Even if the only prayer we can pray is 'HELP', God is faithful to answer our need. I've learned that you have to get through the desert to get to the oasis, and even in the desert there is beauty if we choose to see it.
Keep writing, dear sister in Christ. Your words will bless many.

Popular Posts