I Thought This Was A Christian Blog...

Yesterday, I decided to put a video on my blog. For those of you who don't know...the song is called "Broken" and it's sung by Seether and Amy Lee from Evanescence. (I hope I spelled the band names right.)

No, they are not Christian artists, and the song isn't intended to be about the relationship between a man and God. But, I was introduced to this song by the bassist in our worship band. He asked me if I would be willing to sing the song with him in church one Sunday. When I heard the song I fell in love with it. I love the power of it and the aching lonesomeness of the lyrics. And yes, I think it is very applicable to my relationship (as well as other people's if they were truthful) with Jesus.

I am broken when I'm not with Him. When I'm out on my own...doing my own thing, the pressures of the world inevitably break me. Always, I run back to Him, and again I am broken. Broken by the foolishness of my pride and my arrogance against Him. Which is, basically where I'm at today. Raging against my stupidity. Trying to find that place of repentance. It's not coming very easily...for some reason that I can't fathom, I don't really want to let go of my life.

The silly thing is...this is America. I mean, c'mon...it's not like I'm gonna get thrown into jail if I suddenly change my ways are start telling everyone I know about what Jesus has done for me. At least, not yet anyway.

I've read Jesus Freaks. And I was freaked out! Some of those martyrs were as young as 8 years old! And here I can't seem to find enough gumption to get rid of some of the weights and sins that so easily entangle me. Laziness that's what it is...just pure old laziness. And pride. Lots and lots of pride.

So...if anyone out there is by some miracle still reading this (since I haven't blogged in a month)...if you have ANY suggestions that might be help me find my way, I'm all ears.

Comments

truevyne said…
Find your way where??
alane said…
I love the title of your blog...one of my favorite songs. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Nancy said…
Beautiful song. Thanks for sharing!
Annette said…
Find your way?

Diligently seek after God. Read his word. Read good christian literature. BUT most of all pray and read God's word. That is the only, the best way, to find your way.
FruitfulSpirit said…
The song is beautiful as are the words to the post! The 3rd paragraph said it all for me! Truely wonderful.

I am here via the CWO Blog! Have a great day!
Carol said…
Shayne, I followed your link here from the CWO blog. I applaud the honesty and humility I find in your post.

The problem with us is that we're lost. We can't find our way. We hear people use the phrase, "I found Jesus" like He was the one who was lost or something.

Gumption? I wish there were enough gumption in the world to help me rid myself of pride. There just ain't. Take a little time to read Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 3:18. Pray that the Lord reveals to you through HIS word how that transformation occurs.

I love your post!
Anonymous said…
Awesome post!! And i am a fan of the song too!

Popular Posts